White Folks Soul By Any Dance Necessary is an experimental dance company with Zahava Griss, Alexis Halkovic, Alyssa Lynes, and Jesse Phillips-Fein, who share the following intentions:
- To cultivate trust in ourselves and in others, independent of the ways white culture teaches us self definition and self worth.
- To re-explore our personal and ancestral histories acknowledging the impact of white privilege.
- To develop and evolve an intimate improvisational creative process as a group that can be used to address the construct of race and that engages us as whole people: communal, sensual, emotional, powerful, loving, expressive, visionary, spiritual beings.
- To bring our process into relationships we already value including our families, friendships, workplaces, classrooms, anti-racist & activist communities, spiritual communities, and dance communities.
- To use creative process and performance to remind ourselves and our communities of how institutional racism has but no longer will constrict our wholeness.
- To confidently articulate our process with transparency for self reflection as well as a way to network with similar consciousness.
- To receive funding and appreciation for our work.